Saturday 16 May 2009

A-a-a-choooo Leta

*Oh, no! When I called, you thought I was David Cook!
-David Archuleta-*

Hey!!! How's everyone? Hope you're ok. I'm fine. Remember when I said that I was going to update about seeing David Archuleta in S'pore? Well, here it is!!!

Ok, so it was a wednesday and we had to leave for S'pore around 2 p.m. but we got delayed coz some people just came back from school and what not. We got to the S'pore immigration around 3. 50 p.m.-ish and officially arrived in S'pore 10 minutes later. From there we had to make a quick stop at one of the masjid there to pray. So we arrived at the masjid around 4 something and waited for Asar. After that, we made our way to Iluma Mall, which btw is brand new so we have no idea where it is. Luckily, we had directions and everything. Once we reached the road where the mall is, we were looking for the mall like crazy. My mum saw it and our new problem was parking. We had no idea where to park the car and it took us a good 20 minutes to find the entrance for the car park. When we entered the mall we saw a HUGE David Archuleta poster/banner. We got to the lowest floor and OMG, the crowd was like...............O_O!!! We saw the line where people are waiting to get their CDs autographed and we were like Youch!!! Then my sister tried to get in the line coz we brought our CD. Unfortunately, they only let those who bought the CD in S'pore enter. So we had to sit outside the barriers.We waited for 3 hours, I think.....waiting for David. My mum went across the street to do some shopping. So, my sisters got to the front of the barriers but it was still far away. Dang it!! To entertain ourselves, I played text twist on my phone, Iman and Sarah just sang along to David's songs. Btw, Iman skipped school. Lol. I actually made two new friends while waiting. The first one was a lady who was standing behind me. She kept asking me for the time and we actually started talking and so on. She even talked to Sarah and Iman. The second one was this girl who kept bumping into me coz people behind us were pushing. She kept saying sorry and I told her that it's alright. Then she and I started talking like we've known each other. She even helped me with my game. While waiting, my mum actually went one floor above us to watch and she was practically opposite me but one floor higher. Then, I noticed this mat salleh guy standing next to her and I sms-ed my mum.
Me: There's a hot guy on your left!
Mum: Someone's bf
Me: Damn!!
Yeah!! His girlfriend was in the crowd that gets to meet David. My mum told me that he was British. Damn-er............
Finally, David arrived!!! Everyone was screaming and all!!!!!! I think I went deaf for a minute. Lol. Unfortunately, we had to wait another 10 minutes coz he had a private meet and greet session with winners from radio contest. When he FINALLY got on stage, he wasted no time and started singing Touch My Hand. We all started singing along. Then he sang Vanessa Carlton's A Thousand Miles. He played the keyboard while singing. Then he sang A Little Too Not Over You. Just as he was about to sing Crush, he said a few words but I couldn't hear coz of all the screams. Then, when he said crush in a screamy excited voice, his voice cracked and it was hilarious. I was lmao when that happened. After that we all had to leave coz we had to meet up with my dad for dinner.

I did take a few pictures but none of them are clear and I'm not kidding. It's all a blur!!!

My mum complained about some indian chick who kept hitting Rafiq's head with her boobs yelling Achi!!! Achi!!! Me and my sisters couldn't stop laughing. Poor boy.

No comments: